Richard A. Cook
Indianapolis trial attorney and civil litigation advocate
Richard Cook is committed to working with you to obtain the best possible resolution for your case. he stands ready to vigorously represent your interests in a prompt professional manner. He is committed to representing the interests of those who have been injured or wronged by acts of another person or corporation.
After graduation from law school, Rich began working as a law clerk for the Honorable Andrew P. Rodovich, who served as a Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana in Hammond, Lake County Indiana. Rich had a chance to see some of the best civil and criminal trial attorneys in trial and deal with a broad and diverse range of legal issues, such as:
|“A winner finds a way to succeed instead of a reason to fail.”
~ Richard A. Cook
Following his service as a law clerk, he worked as Deputy Prosecutor for the Lake County Prosecutor’s Office for Jack Crawford. He tried a number of jury trials which encompassed crimes including:
From there, he went on to serve the federal prosecutor as Assistant United States Attorney for the Northern District of Indiana in South Bend, Indiana Division. There he handled a number of complex criminal matters involving crimes such as:
He left the U.S. Attorney’s office in 1989, and during the following 17 years has focused primarily on civil defense and plaintiff’s work.
Areas of focus
- Purdue University, Krannert School of Business, B.S. in Economics Honors Program, 1979
- Valparaiso University School of Law, graduated 15th in his class, 1982
- All Indiana courts
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, Chicago, Illinois
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member of Super Lawyers of Indiana
- American Association For Justice
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Honors and recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- Commendation for work as a federal prosecutor from the United States Attorney General Dick Thornburg
- Special Award from the Post Master General (for work prosecuting an elaborate altered postal money order scheme, operated within the Indiana State Prison system)
Rich Cook’s experience is invaluable in helping you develop your case’s strengths, identify potential weaknesses, and avoid pitfalls. Having worked on both sides of a number of issues, he can assist you in avoiding mistakes which could hamper you from making a full and fair recovery as an injury victim.
Contact us to arrange a free consultation.