How to Evaluate Law Firms
When you have been injured in an accident due to the negligence of someone else, selecting the right attorney can be critical to the success of your case. Many law firms offer a free initial consultation that allows them to assess your case while you determine if they are the right fit for you.
What to consider when interviewing accident law firms
There are many factors to consider when selecting a lawyer. During your interview, consider the following:
- Local support: The laws governing your case typically are typically governed at a state or local level. However, federal law can come into play in some instances. It makes sense to look for a law firm to ensure you have the local support you need if you live in or near Indianapolis, but you should also find out whether they have the experience to support your care within other jurisdictions as well.
- Level of personal injury expertise: A law firm that focuses solely on personal injury cases is likely to have the exceptional experience needed to support your case.
- Courtroom experience: You need an attorney with experience presenting cases before a jury in court. Since every court is unique, a local attorney may have an advantage presenting cases within local courts.
- Negotiation experience: Not all personal injury cases are resolved in court. The attorneys may be able to settle out of court or through an insurance settlement in instances where injuries are relativel minor. Your attorney must have a solid understanding of the value of your case and be able to negotiate on your behalf to obtain the compensation you need.
- Personal compatibility: Few individuals have much experience handling legal issues. To the uninitiated, even relatively simple cases seem complex, overwhelming, and stressful. It is important that your attorney shows the compassion needed to put you at ease. You need to be able to talk freely with your attorney, and you need an attorney who presents information in a clear way without using legal jargon.
Before you choose, make sure you get the right answers
The law firm you choose must be one you trust. If answers to your questions generate more questions in your mind, take the time to keep getting answers until you are satisfied. Feeling uncertain when you leave the interview may be an indication that you need to keep looking. The lawyers at Yosha Cook Shartzer & Tisch offer expertise acquired from decades of experience. Our accident law firm evaluates your case for free and at no obligation.
Find out if you have a case:
- Call (800) 875-5759 or (317) 334-9200.
- Fax us at (317) 228-3355.
- Or contact us online.