Finding the Right Lawyer
If you are injured due to the negligence of someone else, you face the overwhelming task of finding the best lawyer from a vast number of accident lawyers in Indianapolis. You can narrow your search by reviewing their websites but in the end you must interview the attorneys to ensure the one you choose has the best qualifications for the job.
Conducting an internet search for an attorney
The internet can help narrow the search for the right legal counsel, but you should begin by using a reputable website such as Lawyers.com to find an accident lawyer in Indianapolis. If a website does not answer your basic questions, scratch it from your list—plenty of online sources provide the information you need and should generate questions that you can write down in preparation for a possible interview. Look for the following information:
- Fee structure: Almost all of the most experienced Indianapolis accident lawyers are still affordable because they operate on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay a percentage of an award when you win your case. If you do not receive an award, you pay nothing.
- Experience: The website should provide attorney profiles that identify their amount and type of experience. In some cases, the site may even list sample cases or awards they have won. Look for indications that they have handled numerous cases similar to yours.
- Areas of practice: Does the firm handle a wide variety of legal cases? Are they devoted to personal injury law? An attorney dedicated exclusively to personal injury is likely to have the kind of experience you need.
If your website study does not narrow the list enough you should also consider the firm’s location. Keep in mind that the best firm, even if inconveniently-located, might still be able to accommodate your needs.
You should already have a good background as well as a list of questions you have prepared during the website search by the time you conduct interviews with the remaining lawyers on your list. In addition to getting answers to your questions, look for the following qualities:
- Individualized service: Try to get a sense of how well the attorney considers the details specific to your situation. You want an attorney who presents all your options and focuses on the exact circumstances of your case rather than taking a cookie-cutter approach.
- Localized experience: Seasoned accident lawyers in Indianapolis know the laws, processes, and procedures within the state. Your attorney must also have experience negotiating with local insurance companies and presenting cases in the local courts.
- Communication skills: Working with a certain lawyer may not be a good match if you and the attorney seem to have problems communicating with each other. Your attorney needs to understand what you are saying to identify the right approach for your case, and your decisions must be based on what you are told.
The Indianapolis personal injury attorneys at Yosha Cook Shartzer & Tisch offer expertise acquired from decades of experience. Our attorneys evaluate your case for free and at no obligation.
Find out if you have a case:
- Call (800) 875-5759 or (317) 334-9200.
- Fax us at (317) 228-3355.
- Or contact us online.