What You Need to Know About Personal Injury in Indianapolis
Every day, people are injured because someone else failed to use reasonable care. Those people could be landlords, store managers, pet owners or supervisors on a job site. These accidents could have been avoided, yet they forever change the lives of the victims of careless negligence. Unfortunately, many of these mishaps result in serious injuries, permanent disabilities or even fatalities. The attorneys at Yosha Cook & Tisch assist clients with a wide variety of Indianapolis personal injury cases, including the following types.
Types of compensation for Indianapolis personal injuries
Fair compensation for serious personal injuries in Indianapolis extends far beyond reimbursement for medical expenses. Depending on the degree of your injury, awards can include any or all of the following.
• Medical bills, including all follow-up visits, any required medical devices, medications and physical therapy
• Pain and suffering, which is largely determined by the discretion of the jury
• Lost wages and earning capacity for as long as you cannot perform your usual occupation
• Physical impairment that remains after all possible medical treatment has been completed
• Loss of affection, which may be granted to family members who depend on the victim for emotional support
• Scarring that qualifies for reimbursement of plastic surgery expenses when the scars cannot be removed
We also seek punitive damages when we can prove that the defendant acted with malice, fraud or gross negligence. Skilled attorneys always make a difference in Indianapolis personal injury cases.
State laws governing personal injury differ throughout the United States. As such, it is important to retain local lawyers to handle your case. Experienced Indianapolis personal injury lawyers understand the nuances of Indiana and local laws, and they know the specifics of local court processes and procedures. If you have been injured, the injury attorneys at Yosha Cook & Tisch can help in the following ways.
• Advising you on the merits of your case
• Presenting your available options for seeking fair compensation for your injuries
• Providing legal resources, such as expert witnesses or specialized forensic investigators to gather evidence
• Handling insurance claims to ensure that you obtain a proper settlement for your expenses
• Helping you interact with representatives of all negligent parties to preserve your rights
Getting experienced, aggressive legal representation for your claim can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. Our injury law firm offers expertise acquired from decades of experience. Our attorneys will evaluate your case for free with no obligation to you.
- Call (800) 875-5759 or (317) 334-9200.
- Fax us at (317) 228-3355.
- Or contact us online.