Yosha Cook & Tisch
Personal Injury Lawyers
Practicing in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana
Every day, people are injured because someone else failed to use reasonable care. Those people could be landlords, store managers, pet owners or supervisors on a job site. These accidents could have been avoided, yet they forever change the lives of the victims of careless negligence. Unfortunately, many of these mishaps result in serious injuries, permanent disabilities or even fatalities. The attorneys at Yosha Cook & Tisch assist clients with a wide variety of Indianapolis personal injury cases, including the following types:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
- Spinal injuries
- Head injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome(CRPS)/
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Orthopedic injuries
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Work site injuries
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Civil litigation
- Insurance bad faith
- Civil rights
Areas of Practice:
HEAD & Spinal Injuries
Fire & Explosions
Compensation for Personal Injuries Under Indiana Law
Fair compensation for serious personal injuries in cases occurring in Indianapolis or anywhere throughout Indiana extends far beyond reimbursement for medical expenses. Depending on the degree of your injury, awards can include any or all of the following.
• Medical bills, including all follow-up visits, any required medical devices, medications and physical therapy
• Pain and suffering, which is largely determined by the discretion of the jury
• Lost wages and earning capacity for as long as you cannot perform your usual occupation
• Physical impairment that remains after all possible medical treatment has been completed
• Loss of affection, which may be granted to family members who depend on the victim for emotional support
• Scarring that qualifies for reimbursement of plastic surgery expenses when the scars cannot be removed
We also seek punitive damages when we can prove that the defendant acted with malice, fraud or gross negligence. Skilled attorneys always make a difference in Indianapolis personal injury cases.
State laws governing personal injury differ throughout the United States. As such, it is important to retain local lawyers to handle your case. As experienced personal injury lawyers practicing in Indianapolis and throughout the State of Indiana, the attorneys of Yosha Cook & Tisch understand the nuances of Indiana and local laws, and they know the specifics of local court processes and procedures. If you have been injured, the injury attorneys at Yosha Cook & Tisch can help in the following ways.
• Advising you on the merits of your case
• Presenting your available options for seeking fair compensation for your injuries
• Providing legal resources, such as expert witnesses or specialized forensic investigators to gather evidence
• Handling insurance claims to ensure that you obtain a proper settlement for your expenses
• Helping you interact with representatives of all negligent parties to preserve your rights
Recovery of damages
Personal injury victims often overlook or undervalue damages. Insurance companies frequently exploit this lack of knowledge by offering settlements that inadequately compensate personal injury victims.
If you have been seriously injured, you are entitled to reasonable compensation, which may include:
- Pain and suffering
There is no formula or instrument to measure the pain and suffering of another human being; however, juries have liberal discretion in assessing damages. This is the primary area where assistance of experienced counsel can be beneficial.
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
This damage is determined by your continued inability to work at your usual occupation resulting in financial loss of earnings or profits and future impairment of earning capacity.
- Physical Impairment
Once you complete your medical treatment and rehabilitation and reach maximum medical improvement, a medical healthcare professional can evaluate your degree of physical impairment based on injury, pain, and loss of mobility, sensation, and strength.
- Loss of affection
Under the law, family members who are dependent on the personal injury victim for emotional support are entitled to recover loss of love and affection.
We have plastic surgeons examine your scars to see if surgical revision is appropriate, and determine how much such a procedure would cost. Scars that cannot be removed require additional compensation.
- Medical bills
Personal injury victims are entitled to recover the full and fair value of their medical bills.
- Punitive damages
Punitive damages may be awarded when clear and convincing evidence shows that the defendant acted with malice, fraud, gross negligence, or oppressiveness that was not the result of a mistake or fact or law, honest error in judgment, overzealousness, mere negligence, or other human failing.
Attorney Advertising. This website is designed to provide general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to constitute formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Moreover, inquiries made to Yosha Cook & Tisch should not be construed as the formation of a lawyer/client relationship unless and until an attorney and client sign a contract.
Copyright © 2021 Yosha Cook & Tisch
ATTORNEYS AT LAW