9102 N Meridian St., Suite 535
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Office: 317-334-9200
Fax: 317-566-3578

Answers to Common Questions about Injuries

While it is best to have your questions answered by experienced personal injury attorneys in person, the following questions are typically asked of the attorneys at Yosha Cook Shartzer & Tisch:

What steps should I take when I have experienced an accident injury in Indianapolis?

Always get medical attention first when you have been injured by someone else’s negligence.  Then, as soon as you are able, contact a qualified local attorney. You can help protect your rights and help your lawyer by taking the following steps:

  • Write down every detail about the accident.  Make note of contact information about the negligent party as well as witnesses and all available insurance information. Obtain a police report, if available, and try to remember statements made by anyone involved so you can write them down.
  • Do not make any written or verbal statements to insurance companies or other claims handlers until you have called your lawyer.  Part of your lawyer’s job is to protect your rights.
  • Obtain all possible evidence that proves your injury. Take pictures of the accident scene and retain any clothing or damaged property that might provide evidence for your case.

Back to Top

How do I determine who was at fault for my injury?

Your lawyer must prove negligence on the part of all parties who contributed to the accident to collect on an injury claim. This can be a complex process, and, if you were partially at fault, it can directly affect the amount that you can recover for your claim.

Back to Top

What is the claim for my injury worth?

Under Indiana law, the person who injured you is responsible for any costs associated with the injury, including:

  • Any medical expenses and property expenses, including future ones incurred as a result of the accident
  • All lost work time, including the time you must be away for medical and associated time
  • All expenses related to caring for you and your home when you are incapacitated
  • Any permanent injuries, including disfigurement or disability
  • Emotional distress

Back to Top

Contact us

The attorneys at Yosha Cook Shartzer & Tisch offer knowledge acquired from decades of experience.  Our law firm evaluates your case for free and at no obligation. Find out if you have a case:

  • Call (800) 875-5759 or (317) 334-9200.
  • Fax us at (317) 228-3355.
  • Or contact us online.